AGENCY FOR NOMADIC EDUCATION
To ensure equity in delivery of basic educational programs and improve the socio -economic activities of the entire nomads in the state
The vision of the Agency is to promote access to quality education among the Nomads at all level for the attainment of EFA and MDGs targets, as to be more productive members of the society.
Agency for Nomadic Education as a Parastatal of the Ministry of Education Science and Technology established by Law No 12 of 28th July 2008 to take care for the educational needs of the Nomads Children and Adult literacy (both male and female). In its effort to improve basic qualitative education, the State Government restructured Nomadic Education Program in the state by establishing an Agency with Board of Directors on 28th July, 2008 to look after the problems of Educating Nomads Children and improved Nomads life in general.
The Agency has three departments and four units visa; Administration and Finance, Monitoring & evaluation as well as Planning, research and statistics departments. The units are Women programee, Agric services, social mobilization and Adult literacy. There are also nine zonal offices at Birnin kudu, Dutse, Gumel, Hadejia, Kafin Hausa, Kazaure, Kirikasamma, Ringim and Jahun
The Agency is governed by competent and experienced board members and management staff.
There are twenty one officials as managers of the Agency headed by Executive Secretary, Directors who are assisted by other subordinate staff in hierarchical order.
Executive Secretary: Alhaji Ali Manu
Administration & Finance
Director: Aishat Said Sharif
Monitoring & Evaluation
Director: Babawuro Fate
Planning Research & Statistics
Director:Zubairu Yusuf Muhd
Women Program Unit
Director: Ramatu Muhd Dodo
Director: Isyaku Umar Sanda
1. Carried out inspection to each nomadic school in the State as base line data collection.
2. Identified number of school age children of nomads not going to school getting to 30,000 children.
3. Establishment of five centers for Adult literacy in each Local Government Area in collaboration with Agency for Mass Education at the cost of five million seven hundred and seventy two thousand naira (N5, 772,000.00) only. The amount is to be use for the purchase of instructional materials and payment of Instructors allowances.
4. Women empowerment programme which includes;
Ø Procurement and distribution of 20 no Sewing machine,
Ø Purchase and distribution of 30 no Small Ruminant Animals (Habbanaye),
Ø Purchase and distribution of 5 bags of Ground nut for small scale oil and cake making.
Ø Pomade making training and
Ø Training of local Birth attendance on modern techniques.
5. Training of all management staff and zonal inspectors on principles of management as capacity building
5. Purchase of 2 no Toyota helux (4 wheel drive) for schools Monitoring and Inspection.
6. Procurement and distribution of 3,000 no small slate boards for primary one and two students across the state.
7. Purchase and distribution of additional 300 no Easel & Boards.
8. Purchase and distribution of 5,000 no each of school uniform and sandals across the nomadic schools in the State.
9. Procurement and distribution of 2,500 no of school bags
10. procurement and distribution of sporting facilities;
Ø 160 no Football
Ø 160 no Handball
Ø 3,000 no of different Toys
11. Carried out Sensitization and Mobilization activities in all the five emirates of the state to mobilized parents, students and other stakeholders on the importance of enrollment and attendance.
12. Held meeting with Extension Agents in order to encourage them to facilitate their normal duties with a proposal to maintain their official Motorcycles for effective use
13 Headmasters and Teachers training as capacity building (coming up on
14 Procurement and distribution of 28 no. Tarpaulin classroom shade to
some selected nomadic schools.
15 Procurements of Text books, Exercise books, pencils, biros, rulers,
charts and other instructional materials.
16 Renovation of thirty four nomadic schools across the State.
A joint effort between SUBEB and the Agency.
17 Procurement of new Peugeot 406 for the Executive Secretary by the state government.
18 Recruitment of one hundred and fifty (150) teachers as approved by
The Budget Directorate
Although the above achievements were made, the Agency is still working tirelessly to achieve more by the grace of Almighty. Some of the targeted area includes;
Ø Procurements of sitting materials (2-seater, 3-seater and Sitting mats)
Ø Provision of school uniform, sandals and bags to the remaining students
Ø Provision of boarding facilities to JSS one students at the beginning of 2009/2010 session.
1. Inadequate qualified teachers.
2. No toilet in most of the schools.
3. Difficulty in accessibility of some schools especially during raining season.
State Agency for Nomadic Education, Dutse,
Near Nigerian Civil Defense Headquarters