STATE SCHOLARSHIP BOARD
STATE SCHOLARSHIP BOARD
The State Scholarship Board is a Parastatal of Ministry of Education Science and Technology, of the State, established under the Edict 1995 which came into operation on the 11th Day of September, 1995 and charged with responsibilities of Awarding Scholarship to deserving indigenes, securing Admission into Tertiary institutions, monitoring, Guidance and Counseling, Advising students/parents and Government on courses selection, for their wards among others.
ALHAJI BABANGIDA HUSSAINI: HEAD – EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
ALHAJI ALI MUHAMMED: DEPUTY EXECYTIVE SECRETARY
ALHAJI NUHU HARUNA: DIRECTOR ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE
ALHAJI SALIHU ZAKARI: DIRECTOR STUDENTS AFFAIRS
ALHAJI SALE .I. YUSUF: DIRECTOR PLANNING, RESEARCH AND STATISTICS
ALHAJI GAMBO SHUAIBU: CHIEF ACCOUNTANT
ALHAJI ABDULLAHI SHAHADA: INTERNAL AUDITOR
The Board operates under the supervision of its mother Ministry with the general control of the board is under the Executive Secretary who is the Chief Executive officer.
1. Gradual automations of Scholarship system.
2. Conduct of Interview for newly admitted Students In Nigerian Institutions and Abroad.
3. E- Payment of bursary and other allowances of 2008/2009 session for continuing and new students respectively.
4. Organizing and conducting a stakeholder's interactive session to formulate strategies of implementing free Girls Education Policy in Jigawa State.
5. Assistance and support to foreign Students.
6. Presentation of Governor's excellent award to students who obtained first class in their final degree Examinations.
7. Tour to Educational institutions to secure admission for Jigawa students such as; SBRS Funtua, ABU Zaria, BUK, KUST Wudil, IBB University LAPAI, UDS Sokoto Among others.
8. Preparations for the sale of application forms and conduct of interview for 2009/2010 Session.
9. Coordinating the sales of Petroleum Technology Development Funds (PTDF) foreign Scholarship forms.
10. Hosting and Coordinating of programmes of Federal Ministry of Education and Federal Scholarship Board when it calls for that.
11. Hosting and coordinating the conduct of BE A interview for 2009/2010 session.
With recent 100% increase of students bursary allowances effective from 2007/2008 academic session and in line with the Board's initiatives of effecting Bank Payment of all allowances, the following remarkable achievements have been realized.
1.The Board has successfully interviewed and awarded scholarship to new students for 2008/2009 session totaling to over 6000 State indigenes.
2.Successful disbursement of bursary allowances to both New and continuing students for the session, amounting to N259 ,363,000.00
3.Payment of tuition fee for continuing and New students for 2008/2009 sessions.
4.Review of students Handbook and other related forms for dynamic and official purposes.
5.Providing the existing deportments with additional desktop computers to boost the activities of the Board (i.e. In the implementation of our budget and work plan.)
6.Courtesy visit to Kano State Scholarship Board to forge close alliance to prevent Cases of double scholarship and forgeries which have been on the increase.
7.Purchase of One (1) additional Toyota 18-Seater Bus, 1 (One) Toyota Corolla saloon, and set of furniturelequipments of the Cost of N10,000,000.00.
8.Purchase of admission forms from SBRS Funtua, IBB University LAPAI and Remedial Science forms for UDS Sokoto for free distribution to eligible and qualified candidates of Jigawa State Origins at the cost of N915,000.00
9.Conveying of about 300 students to SBRS Funtua for the conduct of pre admission Test, in addition a sum of N1,500 has been paid by the board to each of the students for the Registration of the Examination 2009/2010 session.
10.Securing of admission and conveyance of students to IBB University LAPAI - New Bussa centre, payment of their registration fee amounting to N420,000.00
In addition to all these preparations have been completed to purchase, JAMB forms for 2010 unified matriculation exam for free distributed free to them.
11. The board has paid Five Million Naira (N5m) to SBRS Funtua as part payment of Government's pledge to the school.
12. The board has paid Registration fees of Two Hundred and Twenty Thousand Naira (N220,000) and provided Laptop Computers to each of the Students that gained admission in to Nigerian law School for the 2009/2010 Session.
13. The Board has successfully hosted Bilateral Education Agreemen t (BEA) scholarship scheme for North West Geographical zone for 2009.
14. Hosting of Federal Scholarship interview for post Graduates who are to be sponsored to study within and outside the Nation by federal Ministry of Education Abuja.
15. The Executive Secretary of the Board has been honored by NAJISS Chapter of ABU Zaria and ABCOA Danbatta for his excellent stewardship.
16. Courtesy visit to BUK in order to strengthen the existing relationship between board and the University.
17. The board partook in a successful conduct of post UME Examination 2009 at BUK.
18. Foreign Scholarships have been awarded both at undergraduate and post Graduate Levels, particularly for Science and Computer affiliated courses, where as in the first batch, 56 students have already been conveyed to Singapore in January 2009.
19. Successful conveyance of 37 students to Singapore as Second batch.
20. Finally the preparation for the 22nd Annual Coordinating committee meeting (CCM) for Secretaries of Federal and State Scholarship Boards is 50% through.
21. Preparations for 2009/2010 interview of New Students have commenced.
The Board as an agency of propelling Education at Tertiary Level is always at the mercy of students. It is also appreciative of the relationship between it, the Government of the day, Ministry of education and all its parastatals and tertiary institution in and outside the State
CONTACT: Jigawa state scholarship board, Dutse
Web Address: jigawastatescholarship.org