MINISTRY FOR RURAL INFRASTRUCTURE AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
To develop Rural Communities where the natural resources are used to enhance both the local and the State economy.
Ministry of Rural Infrastructure and Community Development was established in June 2007 by the civilian Administration of ALH. SULE LAMIDO, with the responsibility of developing rural communities.
i) To pursue Rural Electrification Programme through R.E.B
ii) Promote the establishment of Small Scale Cottage Industries in rural areas.
iii) Promote and supervise the activities of Community Development Associations, Self-Help groups and other rural based community groups.
iv) To pursue effective Rural Water Supply and Sanitation, through RUWASA.
v) Provide model villages and other forms of enhancing housing schemes and roads that link villages with road infrastructure.
- PERMANENT SECRETARY:
- DIRECTOR: Integrated Rural Development: Engr. Lawan Ahmed Zauma (MNSE)
- DIRECTOR: Community Development: Ahmed Muhammad
- DIRECTOR: Planning Research and statistics: Alhaji Garba Abdulkadir Ibrahim.
- DIRECTOR: Administration and finance: Alhaji Mustapha Mohammed B/Kudu.
DEPARTMEENTS AND FUNCTIONS
- INTEGRATED RURAL DEVELOPMENT.
Charged with the design, supervision and execution of:-
· Community Development Projects
· Model Village Development Projects
· Small Scale Industries/Micro-Credits. Small Scale Industries Development such as oil mills, Rice Mills, Tanning, Welding, Corn Mills, Trading, Dying, Farming etc.
· Provision of Micro Credit for Development of rural entrepreneurs.
· Rural feeder Roads.
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT.
· Concerned with intensive mobilization and enlightenment of entire community populace, to organise them into community self-Help Groups.
· Responsible for registration of self help groups and association, and training them to carry out sustainable community development projects, and encourage them to strictly comply with government policies.
- PLANNING RESEARCH AND STATISTICS.
· Providing a blue print for the development plan of the Ministry.
· Preparation of Annual Budget for the Ministry
· Monitoring the Implementation of Development plan including the Budget
· Collecting and collating data on projects implementation in the Ministry and its parastatals.
· Assessment and evaluation of budget performance
· Conducting Research and Surveys on issues relating to rural development in the state.
· Developing a strategic plan for rural Development.
· Maintaining a Statistical Data Bank on Rural Infrastructure Development in the state.
· Development and maintenance of library service in the Ministry.
· Development of policy guidelines on Rural Infrastructural Development.
· Liaison with the local government Councils in the for the purpose of harmonising activities on Rural Development.Liason with the state and Federal Government Rural Development Agencies, NGOs and international Agencies for the purpose of having a mutual trust and understanding towards achieving a common goal.
· Administration of the Ministerial Tenders Board.
· Production of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Reports of the general activities of the Ministry.
- ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE.
· Processing of Transfer of Service and Retirement
· Posting of Staff.
MINISTRY OF RURAL INFRASTRUCTURE
AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT,
OFF HAKIMI STRRET BEHIND GIDAN GALADIMA,