RURAL ELECTRICITY BOARD
To Build, Operate and Maintain a strong and Energy – Efficient Electrical System in Jigawa State this will promote its Transformation into Modern Industrial Society.
“To become the most Professional and most Dynamic Government Agency in Jigawa State, Always Alive to its Responsibility to the Government and people of the State.”
The Jigawa State Rural Electricity Board was established under the laws of Jigawa State Cap. 133, with the main function of establishing and managing electricity undertakings and installation by way of generation, transmission, transformation, distribution and sale of electricity anywhere in the State.
Responsibilities of the Board to:-
1. Design and construct rural electrification projects through direct labor for connection to the National Grids.
2. Supervise all rural electrification projects awarded to contractors.
3. Operate and maintain all standby generators located at Government Houses, Commissioners Quarters, Guest Houses, Cabinet Office and residences of Principal Officers of Government.
4. Procure, allocate and distribute fuel to various Government power stations for standby generators.
5. Supervise the implementation of the Independent Power projects (IPPs) in the State.
HEAD: Executive Secretary:Engr. Abdurrazaq Nakore Abubakar, mnse, mnim.
1. Administration and Finance: Mohammed Bello Dutse
2. Electricity/ Construction – Engr. Hashim Ya’u
3. Power Plants – engr. Sani Zubairu Alhaji
4. Mechanical/ Transport – Yusha’u Musa.
Jigawa State Rural Electricity Board
Brock 45 Old Secretariats, P .M. B. 7057,
Dutse, Jigawa State. Tel: 064 – 721260.