DUTSE CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
Dutse Capital Development Authority (D.C.D.A.), was established by law No. 7 of the year 1999 and came into operation on the 12th day of October, 1999 as signed by the then Executive Governor of the state.
The Authority has an Executive Chairman as its head and Accounting officer. It has two (2) permanent members with a Secretary who by the law is responsible for carrying out the functions of Administration of the Authority and other functions decided by the Authority.
The organization has by law establishing it the power to appoint and exercise disciplinary control over its staff or officers found wanting in the discharge of their duties.
In addition to the above, the Authority has five major Departments headed by a Director each. These Departments are as follows:-
1. Admin. And Finance Department
2. Works Department
3. Environmental Department
4. Town Planning Department
5. Development and control Department
OBJECTIVES OF THE AUTHORITY
The objectives of the Authority include:-
a) To develop and Beautify the Metropolitan environment
b) To provide sites and services to the existing and proposed estates.
c) To prepare physical plans of land use activities i.e. for institutional, residential, commercial, industrial or recreational purposes etc
d) To plan, supervise and control public convenience (Both of houses and corner shops etc.)
e) To acquire all lands for developmental activities within the state capital.
f) To carry out development control activities.
g) To prepare and produce survey plans for signature by the state surveyor general
h) To coordinate all survey works with relevant agencies among.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS OF THE AUTHORITY
The principal functions of DCDA as per the law establishing it include:
1. The undertaking and execution of infrastructure in the state capital and advising government on all matters relating to the development of the state capital.
2. The implementation, designing, construction and supervision of the development projects in the capital.
3. The Authority shall be the implementation agency for the Dutse Master plan.
4. General undertaking and maintenance of government infrastructures in the capital and such other functions assigned by the Governor among others.
POWER OF THE AUTHORITY
The authority is mandated with the following powers as stated in the law:-
1. To construct and supervise public buildings, roads etc in the state capital.
2. To design, construct and supervise parks and gardens
From the inception of the administration of Alhaji Sule Lamido as the Executive Governor to date, various departments have witnessed tremendous achievements in line with budgetary provisions
HEAD. ALHAJI BASHIR AMINU SULEIMAN
CONTACT: DUTSE CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY,
BLOCKS 13 & 18 OLD SECRETARIAT, DUTSE.