COLLEGE OF AGRIC
NAME: JIGAWA STATE COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE
The college is striving towards meeting manpower requirement of the state and the nation in all field of Agriculture and Producing highly skilled and competent Higher National Diploma and National Diploma, Diploma and Certificate graduates.
The College was established to provide full time training in Agriculture, leading to promotion and advancement of knowledge both within the state and country in general
Jigawa State College of Agriculture Hadejia was established in 1992 as one of the colleges of the state polytechnic with greater emphasis on professional courses designed to produce agricultural extension workers capable of applying modern learning techniques in direct agricultural production. The graduates depending on the programme they passed through should be able to assist in managing arable crops, forest trees and livestock farms. Employing the modern farming techniques of agricultural innovation within and without. They should also be able to assist in crops, forest product, livestock product processing as well as extension services. Later the college assumed an autonomy status in 2007 as an independent monotechnic.
The administration of the college started at the Jigawa State polytechnic with Muhammad A. Sale as its interim Director. In 1993 , Dr Shehu Ado Garki took over the college as its substantive Director, who later handed over to Kabiru Abdu Kila as the College Director. In the year 2000 Sadisu Buhari Babura took over from Kabiru Kila, until 2006 when Nasiru Ibrahim took over as the director. He later handed over to Dr Usman Haruna as the first Provost of the college in 2009.
The Colege was temporarily sited af Famfo Goma in Hadejia town in 1992. in 1995 the College moved to its permanent site at Yamidi village about 5km from Hadejia off Kafin Hausa / Balangu Road.
Presently there are 1302 students offering various programmes in Certificates, Diploma and National Diploma. The College runs eleven (11) progarmme Viz.
1. National Diploma in Forestry Technology
2. Diploma in Livestock Management
3. Diploma in Agric Home Economics
4. Diploma in General Agric
5. Diploma in Wildlife Management & Ecotourism
6. Certificate in Forestry Technology
7. Certificate in Forest Guard
8. Certificate in General Agriculture
9. Certificate in Animal Health and Production
10. Certificate in Computer Studies
11. Certificate in Poultry Production
12. Pre ND Science
PROVOST: Dr Usman Haruna
DEPARTMENTS AND HEADS
1. DEPUTY PROVOST WADA BIN HASHIM
2. DIRECTOR ACADEMIC PLANNING GARBA AHMED
3. DEPARYMENT OF ANIMAL HEALTH& PRODUCTION MUHAMMAD GHALI HADEJIA
4. DEPARTMENT OF GENERAL AGRIC HARUNA DANDAWO
5. DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY TECHNOLOGY YA’U IDRIS AUJARA
6. DEPARTMENT OF GENERAL STUDIES SULAIMAN ABUBAKAR
7. WORKS DEPARTMENT UMAR DIGINSA
8. EXAMINATION UNIT UMAR MUHAMMAD
9. AGRIC ENGINEERING UNIT SAGIRILIYASU
10. WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT UNIT SANI MUSA SHEHU
11. COMPUTER UNIT BABANGIDA I. BABURA
12. PRE- ND UNIT NASIR MAARUF AHMED
13. ENTERPRENUERSHIP IBRAHIM SHUAIBU B.
14. SPORTS MUHAMMAD SANUSI INUWA
15. FARM UNIT MUHAMMAD ABBAS
16. LIBRARY UNIT DANLADI YUSIF
17. REGISTRY AUWAL UMAR M/MADORI
18. BURSARY MARYAM SALIM SULE
19. SECURITY UNIT MUHAMMAD ISAH ABDULLAHI
20. STORE MUHAMMAD Y. ABUBAKAR
1. POSTAL ADRESS: P.M.B. 013 HADEJIA, JIGAWA STATE
2. PHONE: 08053138370, 08025780638, 08027374654.
3 Email: email@example.com